Objections!: The Ultimate Guide for Mastering the Art and Science of Getting Past No
There are few one-size-fits-all solutions in sales. Context matters. Complex sales are different from one-call closes. B2B is different than B2C. Prospects, territories, products, industries, companies, and sales processes are all different. There is little black and white in the sales profession.
Except for objections. There is democracy in objections. Every salesperson must endure many NOs in order to get to YES.
Objections don't care or consider:
- Who you are
- What you sell
- How you sell
- If you are new to sales or a veteran
- If your sales cycle is long or short - complex or transactional
For as long as salespeople have been asking buyers to make commitments, buyers have been throwing out objections. And, for as long as buyers have been saying no, salespeople have yearned for the secrets to getting past those NOs.
Following in the footsteps of his blockbuster bestsellers Fanatical Prospecting and Sales EQ, Jeb Blount's Objections is a comprehensive and contemporary guide that engages your heart and mind.
In his signature right-to-the-point style, Jeb pulls no punches and slaps you in the face with the cold, hard truth about what's really holding you back from closing sales and reaching your income goals. Then he pulls you in with examples, stories, and lessons that teach powerful human-influence frameworks for getting past NO - even with the most challenging objections.
What you won't find, though, is old school techniques straight out of the last century. No bait and switch schemes, no sycophantic tie-downs, no cheesy scripts, and none of the contrived closing techniques that leave you feeling like a phony, destroy relationships, and only serve to increase your buyers' resistance.
Instead, you'll learn a new psychology for turning-around objections and proven techniques that work with today's more informed, in control, and skeptical buyers. Inside the pages of Objections, you'll gain deep insight into:
- How to get past the natural human fear of NO and become rejection proof
- The science of resistance and why buyers throw out objections
- Human influence frameworks that turn you into a master persuader
- The key to avoiding embarrassing red herrings that derail sales calls
- How to leverage the "Magical Quarter of a Second" to instantly gain control of your emotions when you get hit with difficult objections
- Proven objection turn-around frameworks that give you confidence and control in virtually every sales situation
- How to easily skip past reflex responses on cold calls and when prospecting
- How to move past brush-offs to get to the next step, increase pipeline velocity, and shorten the sales cycle
- The 5 Step Process for Turning Around Buying Commitment Objections and closing the sale
- Rapid Negotiation techniques that deliver better terms and higher prices
As you dive into these powerful insights, and with each new chapter, you'll gain greater and greater confidence in your ability to face and effectively handle objections in any selling situation. And, with this new-found confidence, your success and income will soar.
Ebay Business All-in-One for Dummies
The selling, marketing, and business tips you need to succeed
eBay is the perfect place to learn the ropes of what it's like running an online business. It provides the tools, technology, and platform a would-be entrepreneur needs to launch their first successful small business. It takes some know-how, however, to get that business off the ground and grow it into a success. In eBay Business All-in-One For Dummies, Marsha Collier shares the expertise she gained as one of eBay's first Power Sellers on how to get ahead, stay ahead, and expand your business onto other platforms when it's time to grow.
eBay continues to grow as it connects new individuals with items to sell with would-be buyers every day. Combining essential information covering seven key topics, this all-encompassing guide shows fledgling entrepreneurs how to sell like a pro, present and market your items, become a power seller, deal with office and legal issues, and so much more.
- Discover the secrets behind driving views for listings
- Find out how to source merchandise for resale
- Get advice on the back-office tasks of running a business
- Grow your business beyond the eBay platform
If you have an eye on building a business on eBay--and beyond--this is the one-stop guide you need to succeed.