New Hampshire man thanks iPhone’s ‘Siri’ for saving his life in freak house explosion

He tells WMUR-TV when he switched on a light, the house exploded into flames.

Authorities are still investigating the explosion.

Beaucher’s face and hands were badly burned.

Christopher Beaucher says he was checking on his mother’s vacant cottage in Wilmot on May 1 when he saw something suspicious and went inside.

A New Hampshire man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking “Siri” for saving his life.

Print this story

Change text size for the story

He grabbed his cellphone, but was unable to dial due to his injuries. He says he somehow asked his IPhone’s voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.

Article

WILMOT, N.H. – 

Report an error
Christopher Beaucher (GOFUNDME)

Tweet

Beaucher is still undergoing treatment for his injuries, but says he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm.

"Part of it collapsed while I was in it during the initial explosion, so I couldn’t really tell where I was." "The whole place caught fire," Beaucher told the TV station.